Business Improvement District Coordinator
20-25 Hours a week
$20 – $22 an hour
About Souderton Connects
Souderton Connects is a non-profit organization managing Souderton Borough’s Business Improvement District (BID), whose purpose is to help brand, market and beautify Souderton and promote the common interests of its businesses. We do this through strategic attention to business and economic development, streetscape beautification, community events, and other initiatives that improve the economic vitality of Souderton.
Souderton Connects is looking to hire an enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic and interpersonal skills, who is self-motivated and has a great attention to detail. The BID Coordinator supports the Businesses, Community and Souderton Connects Board of Directors.
- Be the liaison between Souderton Connects and the BID Stakeholders and businesses.
- Souderton Borough engagement
- Attend monthly borough meetings on behalf of the board and update the Executive Committee.
- BID Liaison
- Visit 1-2 BID businesses a week to promote Souderton Connects programs and resources. Solicit their feedback and suggestions for improving Souderton Connects and foster the relationship between Souderton Connects and the BID businesses.
- Encourage BID businesses to take advantage of the various BID perks, such as advertising on the digital sign or in our social media.
- Write and distribute monthly e-newsletters to BID members.
- Onboard new businesses opening in the BID.
- Coordinate with Economic Development to organize ribbon cuttings for new BID businesses.
- Coordinate with our marketing representative and the Economic Development committee to organize marketing needs for BID businesses, such as press releases for ribbon cuttings.
- Mail annual meeting invitations to BID membership.
- Seek to introduce new prospects to the BID.
- Get the yearly BID assessment list from the county/borough, and coordinate with the bookkeeper to have annual assessments sent out.
- Maintain a contact list of BID membership, which will include meeting with the business and/or property owners to confirm contact list information is correct.
Administrative duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing weekly reporting on status of projects and how time was spent.
- Answering and routing emails and phone calls.
- Coordinating with the Secretary on the taking and storing of minutes and onboarding of new board members. Create new board member bios for the website as needed. Must be present at all board meetings to assist the Secretary in taking notes.
- Creating annual reports in conjunction with bookkeeper, committee chairs and board.
Working with board/committee chairs to plan the annual meeting.
- Maintaining the Souderton Connects website, including: keeping the calendar of events up to date; making sure resources on the website, including the Board Meeting schedule and Souderton Connect bylaws, are up to date; keeping the vacant business property list up to date; creating any forms needed for the website, such as sign-ups for events.
- Tracking board member attendance, terms, contact information, and which committees they are serving on.
- Encouraging community members to join our committees and referring them to the committee chairs.
- Coordinating with the Bookkeeper day-to-day operations.
This position is remote and will require applicants to provide their own reliable internet connection, computer, cell phone, and transportation.
- Google Workspace / Microsoft Office
- Advertising tools
- Social Media Platforms
- Some knowledge of WordPress and Wix
- Graphic design knowledge is a plus
Email your letter of interest and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.